GETTING STARTED WITH AN XGPS160
Now that you have an XGPS160 - let's get you started with LITPro.
1. Download The MX App and Join
- Download the LITPro MX App
- iOS here
- Create a LITPro account if you don't already have one
2. Operating Your XGPS160
UNDERSTANDING THE BUTTON
|POWER ON||Hold button for two seconds and release. Illumination of either the blue or green LEDs indicate it is powered on.|
|START/STOP TRACKING||Click the button twice (very quickly) to begin recording. A blinking amber LED indicates XGPS is recording data. Two quick clicks will stop tracking.|
|TO POWER OFF||Hold the button for 4 seconds and release.|
UNDERSTANDING THE LED's
|BLINKING GREEN||Attempting to acquire a GPS position fix|
|SOLID GREEN||GPS position fix acquired|
|BLINKING BLUE||No Bluetooth connection to iPhone or iPad|
|SOLID BLUE||Bluetooth is actively connected to iPhone or iPad|
|BLINKING AMBER||Device actively recording GPS data|
|SOLID AMBER||DO NOT USE THIS MODE, triple click to stop and restart with a double click|
CARING FOR YOUR XGPS160
- XGPS160 IS NOT WATERPROOF!! A few drops won't hurt, but do not power-wash or allow sustained exposure to water.
- Charge the XGPS160 regularly. Make sure it is powered off before connecting it to the charger for long periods of time. This will extend your battery life.
3. Mount Your XGPS160
- The XGPS160 can be mounted on the top of helmet or front fender. Use the black velcro mounting strips included in your kit.
- IMPORTANT TIP: Clean the mounting surface with 95% rubbing alcohol, contact cleaner or equivalent before applying velcro strip. This will ensure good adhesion. If you fail to do this, it's likely the device will fall off and get damaged or lost.
- Remove the backing from adhesive and place the velcro on helmet or fender. Allow 15 min for adhesive to bond well.
4. Your First Session
- Pair your XGPS160 and log your first session of data in the LITPro MX App.
SETUP YOUR XGPS
- Turn on XGPS with a two second button hold.
- On your iOS device go to settings > Bluetooth (turn on Bluetooth if it is off).
- After a few seconds, your XGPS will be listed under “My Devices” as XGPS160-xxxxxx.
- Tap XGPS160-xxxxxx to connect it.
- After approximately 10 seconds, the XGPS160-xxxxxx will change from “Not Connected” to “Connected”.
- The blue LED on XGPS will blink rapidly and then stay illuminated, indicating a successful Bluetooth connection.
- Download either the LITPro MX or the LITPro ROAD App from the iTunes App Store and log in to your account (or create a new one if you have not already).
- Link the XGPS to your LITPro account by pressing “Add Session” then “Pair a New LITPro”. Give your XGPS a nickname
TIP Give your XGPS a short, but useful nickname. Our suggestion is your last name followed by a race number.
RECORD YOUR SESSION
- XGPS should have a clear view of the sky in all directions.
- When you are ready to begin your session, double-click the button to start recording data. The LOG LED will blink orange.
- When you complete your session on the track, double-click the button to stop recording data. The LOG LED will no longer be illuminated orange.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 for all additional sessions. A four second hold of the button will power the XGPS off when your track day is finished.
SYNC YOUR SESSION
- Press the “Sync Now” button to connect to your XGPS and on the next page press “Sync Data” to begin transferring data.
- LITPro will automatically select a valid track configuration for you to use if one already exists. You also have the option to create a new one if necessary.
- Tap “Apply Tracks”